Sunday, October 9, 2011

Vegas Vacation

Nick and I got to take a quick trip home to the US last month. For Nick it was a work trip and I needed to renew my Visa so I tagged along. We flew into Las Vegas and got to spend 2 days playing before he headed off to work in Wyoming.

Here we are at Lake Mead trying to figure out the wake skate. I eventually got the hang of it, but I had a little trouble finding the right spot to get rid of the rope. Nick needs a little bigger board so he was just playing around.





I already blogged about most of the food we ate, but I couldn't leave out Mom's huckleberry pancakes. She is obsessed with these things...and they are GOOD! I think they taste even better knowing Mom picked them herself and hoards them like gold.


Bundt cake is another one of my favorite things from home. Every Christmas Mom and Dad get a bundt cake, but since they don't eat a lot of desserts Mom ends up freezing it and I devour it whenever I am home. In the past the bundt cake has lasted almost the entire year and right when they run out it is Christmas and they get another one. Well something went wrong this year and they ran out of bundt cake in April. (Might have had something to do with the fact that I was home for Dan's wedding...) I had to stop and get myself a mini cake to satisfy the craving till next time I get home. YUM!


At the end of the week we got to go up to Provo for the BYU/ UTAH game. Nick finished work and met us in Salt Lake and we got to see Mike and Tim to celebrate their birthdays...no pictures of that...We had awesome seats for what had to be one of the worst games I have ever seen. Oh well.



It was a quick trip, but so much fun. I'm happy to report it only took about a week here to lose all the weight I gained in 10 days at home!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a wonderful trip! I am so glad you were able to visit your parents! I am in awe of your mom's hucklberries! I spent a whole day hunting those dang things and came home with about as many as I see in one of your pancakes! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete