Thursday, January 26, 2012

Interesting "Pedicure"

When we first planned our trip to Thailand, I didn't really do too much research ahead of time. I had heard great things from friends who had visited, and was so busy with the holidays that I just left all the planning up to Nick. I saw a fish spa out the car window our first afternoon there and decided I would have to try it. A few days later we were shopping for souvenirs at night and came across this travel agency that had a fish spa out front. We paid 100 Baht each ($3.25) for 10 minutes.

I didn't know what to expect. My friend Brandi went first and I knew from her face it was going to feel weird. I'm not really ticklish on my feet, but when the fish first started biting/sucking on them it felt like little jolts of electricity running up my legs. I got used to it after about 30 seconds and was able to relax more. Nick was skeptical to try it, but I convinced him since it was so cheap. I think our faces were hilarious.


My feet felt softer when I pulled them out, but it definitely didn't work as well as a good foot scrub at the local market behind my apartment here in China. It was a fun experience though. We had so many people staring as they walked by. One funny Russian man who was missing a hand even joked with Nick that those fish were how he had lost his hand.

I am glad I got to check this off my list of things to do in Thailand. 

Brandi was brave enough to go first

My initial reaction

Close up

Nick's initial reaction

Nick's feet

1 comment:

  1. Brave girl. I wouldn't do the fish thing while I was there, but I did have the best ever foot scrub in Thailand at a regular place. I even bought the stuff to do back in China it was so good. Guess I should have told you to try that.

    ReplyDelete