Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October Holiday

October 1 is national day here in China and everyone gets a week off of work. Nick and I were invited on a little getaway to a beautiful villa near the Great Wall with some other couples from our branch at church.

We left last Tuesday after lunch and drove up. It is about an hour and a half drive to get to this section of the wall. We settled in and had a delicious dinner and then played games til late. I have never laughed so hard playing Mad Gab. Here's a hint- try reading the words with a Russian accent. The next morning we were treated to a real Southern breakfast prepared by our friends from Tennessee. I learned a few things I want to try to make sometime.

By the time breakfast was cleaned up and we had relaxed on the couch for awhile, it was time for lunch. Can you tell that this trip revolved around eating? After lunch I could hardly move I was so full so we decided we better go on a hike. We rode the chairlift up the Great Wall and hiked around for an hour or so. This was the same section Nick and I have been to before so I didn't take too many pictures.

After the hike we of course headed back for dinner. That night we got to set off some Chinese lanterns. It was my first time and it was really cool. I didn't get any pictures...but there are some great ones on facebook that a friend took. If you don't know what a Chinese lantern is go watch the end of Tangled. It's pretty much like that only way cooler in person.

After breakfast the next morning we packed up and headed home. It was a great relaxing trip. We had a great time hanging out with friends and being away from the city. Here are a few pictures of the beautiful place we got to stay.






1 comment: