- fishing- Nick went almost everyday, I tagged along twice
- dock sitting-we both came back a little darker, and I got 2 books read
- swimming- cold water, but lots of fun
- skiing, wakeboarding, tubing- I did it all, sadly Nick's monster feet wouldn't fit in any of our boards so he cheered me on from the boat
- lots of FOOD- seriously, every night we had a delicious feast. plus lots of snacks in between
- Naps- we started as early as 9am somedays (getting up early to fish can be hard)
- family time- I think they might like Nick more than me now! I won't be allowed to go anywhere without him
- cards- my family is a bunch of gamers. We played a new game called Munchkin with my cousin Julie, it was lots of fun.
- and last but not least...BEAR TRAPPING
Dinner one night was salmon that my cousin Jason had caught. (delicious) We decided it was our turn to see the bear so we collected all the plates and salmon scraps and Nick devised a great trap. We set the bags on top of the picnic table in front of our cabin, and then got a garbage can lid to set on top of them so we would hear the bear knock it off. It worked perfectly! At midnight there was a clang in front of the cabin and we rushed to the window. The bear was there enjoying all the salmon for about 10 minutes. Pretty cool. The camera flashes and porch light didn't even phase him; he just hid behind a tree and kept on eating.
Here's the proof:
Now we have a crazy week ahead of us. I have to work everyday, and we have to get all packed up and out of our apartment by the 1st. It will be crazy, but there was no way we were cutting vacation time short.