Thursday, October 27, 2011

I live in an icebox!

Beijing mostly just has 2 seasons. Summer and winter. We went from sweltering heat to cold pretty quickly without much of fall weather in between. I don't think I would mind this so much if we were in control of our own thermostat. Here in China the government has a set day when they turn the heat on and off. That day is November 15th. Still more than 2 weeks away. Until then our apartment just keeps getting colder and colder.

The other day I went outside and it was warmer than my house. Which isn't saying much since we've had highs of about 62 degrees. Our little apartment is in shade most of the day and so it cools off at night, but doesn't really warm up much during the day. I was trying to be tough and just bundle up, but we finally had to go out and buy a space heater to make it through for the next few weeks.

Once the heat is turned on our apartment will be nice and toasty warm. We'll be able to wear shorts and t-shirts at home instead of 5 layers of clothes plus a blanket. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment