Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I'm a fat kid at heart.

You can't tell it to look at me, because I can't gain weight in China no matter what I eat, but I really have a fat little girl inside of me. Nick catches glimpses of her all the time, like when I have ice cream bars for breakfast. We are home in the US this week and I have been slowly working through the list of places I wanted to eat while we were here:

  • In N Out- this was our first stop on the way home from the airport. 
  • Postrio- This is a Wolfgang Puck restaurant at the Venetian. I haven't tasted anything there that I haven't loved. Seriously delicious. Mom wanted to take Nick and I out for an early birthday dinner while we were in the country and this was my pick. 
  • Panera- I miss cafes and bakeries in China. Sometimes I just want soup and salad for lunch, but there aren't many places to get it.
  • Spicy Tuna- some of the best sushi I've ever had. I am a little wary of eating fish in China (in my head it is all mutated carp), so I was super excited for this one.
  • Zaba's- Not a trip home if I don't stop here. I ate here at least 3 times a week throughout high school, and on every trip home since. 
  • Red Robin- 3 words...BOTTOMLESS STEAK FRIES.
  • Del Taco-My guilty pleasure. I have loved Del Taco since my freshman year at BYU when my roommate Brittany and I used to go there for nachos at midnight more times than I'd care to admit. Also, I tried the new funnel cake fries thanks to a recommendation from Tim. YUM!
Really the only place left on my list is Cafe Rio, hopefully I'll get there in the next few days. 

3 comments:

  1. You're in the States?! We should have a girls night out while you're here! When do you leave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funnel cake fries? I may have to make a stop at Del Taco SOON. Okay, now. That sounds delicious. I miss Asuka too!! "yay!"..."ooooo!" I miss our friend...I wonder if he still works there? Also, I miss you! I need to come visit you...call me before you go back to China.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok so we just got back from our trip where we pretty much ate our way through the trip...the sad thing is that is all we wanted to do. Family came second, but we won't tell them that! Miss you guys, think we need to plan a weekend to play together somewhere soon.

    ReplyDelete