Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

Our Easter was pretty simple. I did manage to keep secret all the candy I had brought back with me on my last trip home so Nick got an Easter basket full of yummy things we can't get here in China. It was a long 10 days keeping that secret. I love candy and I was so tempted to eat it all while he was at work everyday. I only snuck a few pieces once or twice! I'm pretty proud of those crafty carrots I made to hold the candy in the back of the basket. Thats about as far as my craft skills go.

After church Sunday we invited some friends over for dinner. I wasn't ambitious enough to try to cook an Easter dinner without an oven, not to mention I have no idea where I would find a ham, so we had Coconut Curry Soup. It's one of my new favorite meals. I found the recipe on Mel's Kitchen Cafe and have made it a few times. It's delicious, not Chinese food (sometimes I just need a change), and I can find all the ingredients pretty easily here.

No comments:

Post a Comment