Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Meet CoCo

We decided before we went home for Christmas that we wanted to get a dog. The week after we got back to Dalian we headed to the dog market. We looked at all the different puppies and picked CoCo not only because he was cheap, but also because he looked the healthiest. He is a brownish/black mix, and apparently Chinese people want their dogs to be all one color so he was only 500 RMB.

He is 3 months old and super fun to play with. He is a small dog, which is good for our small apartment. We weren't sure what kind of dog he was, but after extensive googling, we think he is a Havanese. He is a super smart dog and learning quickly, he was a little sick the first 2 days we brought him home. Probably because they aren't fed very good food at the market, but he is doing great now. He is super social and loves people. He will follow us around the house all day long.

I decided I wanted to name our puppy CoCo before we ever went shopping. I figured if it was a girl she would be named after Coco Chanel. However, since CoCo is a boy he is named after Conan. I've gotten a lot of crap from people for giving him a girl name, but I also found the name on this list of boy dog names. (Look at number 60) Besides, CoCo is easy for Chinese people to say.

First day at home. He was terrified of the taxi, and a little hesitant when he first came in, but now he runs around and explores everywhere.

Watching TV with Nick
.
CoCo's first bath at home
.
Playing tug of war. Mostly I just drag him around the floor while he holds on tight and growls at me, but he loves it
.
Trying so hard to get up onto the couch to see what we are doing. He has to stretch his whole body out and his head can barely peak over the couch cushion.


CoCo has been so fun to have around while Nick is traveling for work. He is good company. He loves to follow me around the house, or will sit and sleep on my feet while I watch TV. Last weekend while I was sick (the flu or food poisoning, its hard to know which here) he even laid by my side and cuddled me all day.

2 comments:

  1. I am way jealous!! He is so cute! I want a dog way bad. Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Maybe we'll get to meet him someday.

    ReplyDelete