Monday, February 20, 2012

Oh No!

Yesterday I had the chance to see both how CoCo and our ayi will react to having a baby around the house. My friend Karla needed to run to the market, and it is much easier when you don't have a baby strapped to you, so I offered to watch her son Jacob for an hour or two. He is three months old and super cute!

Let's just say CoCo did not handle it well. He is used to being the center of attention around here. We are going to have some work to do to get him ready for baby. I was sitting on the couch with Jacob in my lap and CoCo would come lay down next to me and try to push his head into my lap, thus pushing Jacob away. He was very curious about this new addition and also loved smelling diapers and baby feet, but he needs to learn to be gentler. I had to give him quite a few shoves to keep him from licking Jacob's face.

Thankfully, our ayi, Mrs. Jing was here that morning and she was a BIG help! She loves CoCo so she did a good job distracting him, and then when Jacob got a little fussy and hungry she took him from me and walked all around the house. She is so cute, she thinks I get tired so easily and won't let me do anything because I am pregnant.

After baby comes she is going to start working a few more hours a week and I am so excited. Right now she mostly just cleans, dishes, laundry, etc. Starting in May she is also going to cook for us 3 times a week (including the shopping for all that food), walk CoCo in the afternoons, and help out with baby. After seeing her with Jacob I know she will enjoy playing with baby everyday. Hopefully she can teach him some Chinese too!

1 comment:

  1. My cat has attacked every small child we've had over so this may get interesting.

    ReplyDelete