Friday, January 27, 2012

More Elephants

We enjoyed our first adventure with the elephants in Thailand so much that we went to a second elephant camp later in the afternoon. We payed our 100 baht for some sugar cane to feed them and then were treated to some tricks.

First we all got elephant kisses! It was not as gross as I expected. Her trunk was pretty dry and not very slimy. She sucked onto our faces and even made a kissing sound. She also played the harmonica and could hula hoop. It was pretty amazing! Enjoy the pictures and videos!

Elephant Kisses!






After showing us all her tricks, the trainer informed us that this elephant is 20 months pregnant! After taking a closer look I think I even saw some kicking going on inside her. Poor thing! I can't imagine how uncomfortable she must have been after 20 months. He said she will probably have the baby next month. Wikipedia taught me that a baby elephant can weigh up to 250 pounds and will be over 2.5 feet tall! I sure am glad I'm not an elephant right now...


No comments:

Post a Comment