Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pictures of our new apartment

I just took these really quick while we were in the apartment with the realtor the other day. A few things will be changed before we move in (they're buying us a new couch, taking out some of the extra furniture, etc). The apartment is 186 square meters, 4 bedrooms, and 2 baths. It is a little older, but it was a really good price, and since it is so bare we can decorate how we like. We are also really excited that the clubhouse fees are included in rent so we will have access to the tennis courts, pool, and gym for free!


We move in next Monday and will have a lot of work to do to make it comfortable and homey. I welcome all decorating advice, since I'm not as creative as I'd like to be. These are all out of order, but I'll post better pictures after we are moved in and it looks cuter.

After walking in the front door. That couch will be replaced by Monday. The door on the right is the entrance to the kitchen. The door Nick is walking through is to the sunroom/screened in patio. That will be CoCo's new home.

The front door and table. The table will also be replaced with something bigger and nicer before we move in.

The kitchen. I still won't have an oven, but it is so much bigger than the one here in Dalian. I am trying to get motivated to cook more often. That will be hard to do in Beijing with so many yummy restaurants so close, and so cheap. I'm going to try though.



Sunroom

Hallway

1st bathroom. They will be putting a toilet in the corner there. It was a Chinese "squatter" before. I'm sure glad they are fixing that!

2nd bathroom.
Bedroom 1. I think we are going to move the desk and put another small bed in here.

Bedroom 2. We are taking the queen bed out of the master bedroom and putting it here for a guest bedroom.

Master Bedroom. We bought a bed at Ikea to replace this one and are super excited to not be sleeping on a rock hard Chinese mattress for the first time in months!

Bedroom 3. We are going to take the bed out of here and put the ancient TV from the front room here once we replace it. This room will have a desk and maybe a few comfortable chairs. We're still deciding exactly what to do with it.

We will have lots of space for visitors! Anyone is welcome to come out for a trip. There are so many things to see in Beijing close to our house. Plus, there are so many more flights into Beijing than to Dalian! Hope this convinced at least a few of you to come out. I'll post after pictures once we are settled. I was also serious when I asked for decorating advice. Help!

5 comments:

  1. How fun! I wish we could come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wood floors in Bedroom 3 are interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would LOVE to visit except aren't flights around $1000/person? Maybe I am way off in my estimate, but maybe we can save up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great place. And coco is so cute, the kids send him (her?) love from Seattle. And you and Nick too. Good luck with your move.

    ReplyDelete