Friday, September 24, 2010

Productive Day

We figured out the public transportation system here in Dalian so I can get to work easily while Nick is in Beijing (I was scared to go alone before, now I feel just fine), also because taking a taxi in the morning with crazy traffic just wasn't logical. I feel like such a local now! HA! Really though, we went to the bank and even got me a special card that I put money on so I don't have to carry around a bunch of change. Plus it saves me exactly .05RMB every time I ride the monorail or bus (that's less than a penny).

We also made a few important discoveries along the way. Most important being that only a few stops on the monorail from our house we have McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut, and Subway so if the craving hits us we can just hop on over there. There's also a huge market so we can get most of our shopping done conveniently close to home.

We also went down to Carrefour for a few other things. Hopefully now we have all the basics we will need for our house for awhile. Our ayi is coming for the first time tomorrow to do a little cleaning. I am going to be so spoiled! But honestly if all she did was ironing I would be happy. I forgot what it was like to live without a clothesdryer although I did it for a year and a half in Spain. Is it ridiculous to iron your towels? I just don't like that crunchy feeling!

1 comment: