Wednesday, September 19, 2012

5 months!

I can't believe Hink is 5 months old. Next month is half a year! Crazy.

His doctors appointment last week was pretty traumatic. He had to have a routine eye exam and it was no fun. First his eyes were really slow to dilate. They gave him the drops every ten minutes and had to do it 5 times. Usually it takes no more than 2 or 3. Then the doctor freaked me out saying there was something wrong because they weren't dilated enough so she told us to go see the pediatrician and come back for some tests.

Well the pediatrician during her exam said his eyes were fully dilated and we had better run back upstairs and get them checked. The eye doctor did the exam which required 2 nurses to hold Hink down in a dark room while they did the test. I didn't stay in the room because it was just too sad to hear him screaming. I thought the test would be quick, but 15 minutes of hearing Hink scream through the walls took FOREVER! Everything was normal and I was pretty upset with the doctor for scaring me for no reason.

Hink had to get one shot this time and then we go back next month for two more, and the following month for another one. Then he will be on a normal checkup schedule. I will definitely miss all our extra doctors visits. I like seeing how much he has grown and getting some face time with his doctor. She is really good at answering emails quickly, but it is reassuring to have her check him out.

Anyway, our boy is still growing:

Height- 63.5 centimeters (still 25th percentile)
Weight-6.2 kilos (10th percentile!)
Head- 43 cm (HUGE!)

The one thing people always comment on when they talk to me in elevators is the size of Hink's head. I didn't think it was abnormally large, and the doctor said it was normal, so either Chinese babies must have super small heads or Hink's just looks big because he is still a skinny guy.

This month Hink started grab anything put in his hands. I was so glad when he started showing some interest in his toys. It gives me a break from constantly singing silly songs and dancing to distract him! His favorite time of day is bath time. He loves to float. He "talks" to me constantly. He loves to watch CoCo. It is so funny to watch him follow CoCo around the house with his eyes. He has rolled over a few more times, but most of the time chooses not to. Stinker!

1 comment:

  1. It's fun to see new pictures of Hink. He is getting so big! I can't believe he's already eating solids. We can't wait to see him in person in a couple of months. Keep the updates coming.

    ReplyDelete