Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Life Changing Discovery

So the title might be a bit dramatic, but Nick and I recently found the easiest recipe to make our own buffalo wings/sauce at home. All you need is equal parts melted butter and Franks Red Hot Sauce (and a little white vinegar if you choose). Both of which we can find pretty conveniently close to home, and not that outrageously priced.

Before we were buying McCormick buffalo wing spice packets and hauling them back to China with us, but this was so much better! We have already used the sauce to make buffalo chicken salad, burritos, and wings. Next I'm thinking a buffalo chicken pizza will be fabulous!

It's funny to me how excited I get about small things like this now, but sometimes cooking can be such an adventure here (between going to 5 different import stores and paying LARGE amounts of money for pretty basic things) that I give up and order McDonalds. It's nice to have a simple back up plan for nights when I want to eat in, but don't want to work too hard.

Before I sound super lazy, I should clarify that some nights I really enjoy cooking and don't mind the extra work to be able to eat some good enchiladas, but it's not something I can do every night. If I tried to cook how I would if we lived in America (with Walmart just  2 minutes away) we would be spending hundreds of dollars a week on food and I would spend all day running from store to store, so we've learned to improvise. We cook at home a few nights a week, always western food. Then we order out a few others. It's hard not to do when its so cold outside and pretty much any type of food we want will be delivered right to our door, usually in half an hour or less.

Now we will just have to see how long it takes us to get tired of buffalo wings...I have a feeling it's going to be a long time!


1 comment:

  1. One of my old roommates used to make buffalo sauce that way...

    ReplyDelete