Friday, December 30, 2011

Crafts...China Style!

I love Pinterest. BUT it can be dangerous here in China. I find so many things I want to try to make, but it is so difficult to find supplies, etc. Instead of getting my craft on, I  usually just try to look for recipes that I want to try, since I can find almost everything here I want to cook with. For Christmas though, I did get just a little crafty.

I wanted to make place-cards for our dinner with friends and found this cute idea. From looking at the picture I was a little daunted, I can't find scrapbook paper here, but I figured I could work something out with plain old green paper. Well, once I looked a little more into these place-cards I realized just how easy they were. All I did was print out the pattern from marthastewart.com and then cut them out and fold them.

After I found the place-cards I did a little more searching and found a template for these cute napkin rings. Again, all I had to do was print and cut them out. I meant to get a picture of the table with all our food and cute placecards, etc. However, as soon as the food was done all thoughts of picture taking flew my mind and we dug in, so I snapped these after we were finished. I think they turned out pretty cute and made Christmas dinner feel a little more special than usual.


1 comment:

  1. pinterst is dangerous even if you CAN find the supplies! Sometimes Dan even gets sucked in when I'm on the site. Your mom caught me pinterest-ing on vacation- she got really excited and said "that's Dana's favorite site!"

    ReplyDelete