Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dinner Party

When I quit my job back in January I promised to keep in touch with a lot of people. After our successful and delicious Thanksgiving dinner, everyone wanted to come back to my house for another meal. Chinese New Year was a crazy time for everyone, so the dinner finally happened this week.

Nick and I planned a really simple meal. Spaghetti, Chicken Alfredo, Salad, Bruschetta and Brownies. I invited everyone and told them to just show up and that we would have everything ready. I was informed that no one would come if I didn't let them bring things, so we ended up with much more food than we planned. We had Korean sushi and fruit salad added to dinner, along with a lot of other gifts they brought for me and Nick. They were all so generous. Even the people who couldn't come sent gifts with the others. We have lots of chocolates and cookies now, and even a bouquet of flowers. They all went to different stores to find American products for us. I feel a little bad now because the meal was so simple, I guess none of them know that spaghetti is a back-up meal for Nick and I when we are too lazy too cook! Next time I will cook something more exciting so I don't feel guilty for all the expensive gifts they bring.

Our aiyi also likes when we host parties because she gets to take home all the things we will never eat (like dried squid and Chinese sunflower seeds). She thinks we are crazy for not wanting it all, I'm just glad it's not going to waste.

Here's a picture of all the gifts we got. I forgot to take a picture with everyone before they left. It was the same group from Thanksgiving minus a few people who had to work late.

No comments:

Post a Comment