Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Accident Prone

So I tend to be accident prone, but only at really inconvenient times. Over the past couple of months I've had a series of minor "accidents". Luckily nothing too bad has happened, but when added all up its getting to be quite expensive...

First off, I had my purse stolen out of my car a few months ago at my mission reunion. Apparently I'm the only person who didn't know that Taylorsville was super ghetto. So, I had to plan a trip down to Vegas to replace my license, get the car window fixed and replace my Kindle. Got to be a pretty pricey "accident" pretty quickly.

Next off in my series of misfortunes happened during a trip to California. Nick and I were staying with my friend Brittany and her husband. We had a great time, including Nick's first trip to Disneyland. BUT, with my luck something had to happen. Our last night of the stay I was getting out of the shower, and I still don't know how it happened, but as I was closing the sliding glass door I watched it shatter into lots of little pieces. I didn't slam it or anything. In fact my hand was still in the air where the door should have been as I was sliding it closed. I later discovered that the little rubber stopper that should have been there to catch the door was unfortunately sitting on the counter next to the shower. Anyway, we got that fixed with a little help from Brit, but the cost of my accidents was quickly increasing.

My latest incident happened just today. I've been stressing a little bit because we are moving the end of this month and my last day of work isn't til the 31st. We have lots to get done and not much time to do it. So the incident happened as I was pulling into our complex after a 7-11 run after work. I heard a loud pop! My car clunked into a parking spot and when I got out my tire was destroyed. Completely flat. No hope of just adding a little air and calling it good. So now I have to add new tires to my to do list. I'm too lazy to go change to the spare in this July heat, so I'm postponing my errands til later too.

Sorry this was so long! Hopefully I won't have anymore to add to this list for a LONG time.

5 comments:

  1. This doesn't sound like you are accident prone, it just sounds like a run of bad luck. But, good thing for you bad things happen in 3's so you should be done now, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks lindsay! i sure hope you're right i don't know if i can handle anymore bad luck right as we're getting ready to move to china

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://redtape.msnbc.com/2010/06/i-had-just-finished-showering-and-turned-off-the-water-soaking-wet-i-did-something-millions-of-americans-do-every-day----i.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure its only going to get better from here. I think its true that bad things happen in 3's. Good luck. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete