Tuesday, April 17, 2012

One Week

Eventually I will get caught up on our blog. I had some good things to write about until Hinckley made his unexpected early appearance. I will get caught up eventually now that I am feeling more human again. Until then though enjoy the updates on our baby.

Yesterday was Hinckley's one week birthday. He is doing great. The doctors were worried about his weight so they began fortifying his milk with formula and today he was up 20 grams. He is not hooked up to any IV's or machines and does great at regulating his own temperature. The only thing he really needs to learn how to do before we can bring him home is suck, so he can continue to gain weight. It takes some coaxing to get him to take his bottle, but the nurses here are awesome. They are great with him and help us out so much. At night they won't let me do anything, they practically push me back into bed if I try to help feed him.

This picture shows one of his favorite faces. He is always wrinkling up his forehead and looks so deep in thought. It cracks me up.


No comments:

Post a Comment