Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hilarious Happenings at the Pool

Wednesday morning I had quite an interesting experience at work. It was just after 6:30 am and I was sitting in the lifeguard stand at work when one of the 80 year old women in the water aerobics class approached me asking where the bathroom was. I pointed her to it and thought nothing of it...Until, about 5 minutes later I look towards the lobby of the pool and see her exiting the bathroom.

Now she had been wearing a black bathing suit, and was kind of far away, but I knew she no longer had the suit on. I was frozen. I couldn't leave the lifeguard stand since I had to watch all the other people in the pool, so I just watched her out of the corner of my eye. I saw her approach the pool office where one of the boys I work with was sitting. He later told me that she was hiding behind the wall and asked if anyone was there. When he answered she was surprised, and said oh you're a boy. He offered to go find a girl to help her, but she said "oh no thats ok, you can just help me." The 19 year old boy I work with then had to pull her suit on over her bum and then help with the straps. This couldn't have been easy because her suit was pretty tight. I know because when she walked back towards the pool she asked me to help her readjust some things.

Super awkward. I definitely wasn't expecting to get that kind of show when I went in to work. And I bet my coworker wasn't either. I don't think he gets paid enough for that kind of service!

2 comments:

  1. Oh. my. word. Dana this is hilarious. I can't even believe that happened. That poor kid is probably scarred for life. So awkward. What a strange lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha one of the worst parts is that as he's pulling up her suit she asks "you're not married are you?" oh my goodness even if he were married 80 year old woman body is a little different...

    ReplyDelete